How many flavors of PaaS do we need?
- PaaS for business apps
- PaaS for toy apps (simple form-based CRUD) and simple business front ends (e.g. restaurant web sites)
- PaaS for games, mash-ups and social apps
- PaaS for multimedia delivery and live streams
- PaaS for high performance and scientific computing
- PaaS for spamming, hacking and other illegal activities (Zombies as a Service)
BTW, doesn’t “flavors of PaaS” sound like the name of a perfume? At least when I say it with my French accent it does.